23 November 2019

Pomegranate Ginger Snaps

I'm giving my new oven a workout! Last night, rotisserie chicken and roasted veggies, today... Cookies!

I had given up on finding molasses, when a friend gave me a jar that she had special-ordered. I tried it in my ginger-snap recipe, and let's just say it's very different...

Then, some time ago, wandering the aisles in the grocery store, my eye was caught by Pomegranate Molasses! Hmm... I couldn't resist! And, today, I made these...

They are tangy, rather than molasses-y, and could probably stand up to more ginger. But the texture is *exactly* the same! Crisp, then chewy - mmm mmm!

Pomegranate Ginger Snaps

Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup colza oil (not strongly flavored)
1 large egg
zest from one clementine
1/3 cup pomegranate molasses
2 cups flour (T55)
2 tsp baking soda (levure chimique)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground allspice
1/2 tsp salt

Directions:
Cream sugar and oil. Add egg and zest, stir well, then stir in molasses. Mix dry ingredients and add. Refrigerate if necessary (easier to roll).
Make into small balls (about 2 teaspoons), and roll
in sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake at 350 degrees F (177C) for 10 minutes. Remove
cookies immediately to cool (they will be soft).
Makes 3 dozen +/-

2 comments:

P.e, said...

I’ll have to try. Try this one

https://bluecayenne.com/pomegranate-molasses-butter-cake

Julie said...

I love the article that introduces this recipe! Very interesting - thanks!