16 March 2020

Cancelling in the Era of Coronavirus

My chore for the day was to cancel a few appointments, as we're avoiding all non-essential contacts these days.
I had just started a kiné (physical therapy) series, which now falls into that category. I called, having my French all laid out in advance - not needed; the secretary responded immediately, saying that the office was closed.
Well, that was the easy one! I next called the hospital, which has a blood test lab, to figure out how to get my results sent instead of having to pick them up (in person!). I also haven't paid for them yet, but France isn't so concerned about that timetable 🎉. Anyway, I called the main line, understood the voice tree (amazingly!), and got connected to the lab. Hmm. I was told to see a private clinic. But I've already given the blood, I need to get the results. (??) Ah! The lab is closed now (it's now only for hospitalized patients). Sooo... My next step is to call my doctor (in a few days), and see what he can do. For that matter, my appointment with him may very well be cancelled or (hopefully) turned into a phone call.
The last item was to contact my foot doctor, also at the hospital, and see if they could simply get my foot scan results directly from the lab there. I called the main line again, asked for my doctor, and got the message - his office is closed!
The real message is that here, in the Era of Coronavirus, all these loose ends related to non-urgent, routine care, remain loose.
And that's OK.

UPDATE: Turns out, I wouldn't have been able to go inside tomorrow anyway - Midi-Libre news


No comments: