27 February 2020

Rotisserie Chicken

I got my oven just in time for a lot of winter baking! I've been experimenting with the rotisserie option, and I think I'm getting there - certainly, there's less smoke and fewer burnt fingers...
Yum!

Rotisserie Chicken

Glaze:
olive oil
honey (optonal)
salt
smokey paprika

Preheat oven to 400F or 200C
Start with all elements on.

Fill the catch-pan with vegetables cut into chunks, and coat with olive oil and salt. Optionally replace salt with a spice mixture for roasted potatoes. Some tasty options:
carrots
parsnips
mushrooms
garlic
potatoes
onion
mandarin

Put a whole mandarin (optional) in the chicken cavity, and run the rotisserie rod through - secure fully, piercing the chicken. Note that I buy my chicken pre-trussed 😬.
Glaze the chicken, and place the rotisserie spit above the vegetables in the oven.
(After 30 minutes, turn off the lower heating elements, keeping just the top ones on.)
Cook a total of 50-60 minutes. When internal temperature is 165F, remove chicken and cover tightly with foil. Let rest 10 minutes, and continue to cook the vegetables, as needed.

~~~
based on https://www.thespruceeats.com/take-out-style-rotisserie-chicken-334252 

No comments: