29 October 2022

Teriyaki Broccoli Tempeh

I have wanted to add some fermented foods to our diet for a while now, but almost everything I've seen in that category is something we either can't have (yogurt, kefir) or already know we don't much like (kimchi, vinegar-anything). Well, tempeh was something new to try! I found a package in the Bio store in the next town, and found this recipe (which, as usual, I had to modify a bit)...


Teriyaki Broccoli Tempeh 

200 grams Tempeh, 1/4 inch strips (marinate)

1 Onion, chopped 

2/3 lb Broccoli, chopped 

3 Garlic cloves, pressed

Olive oil

Cooked rice

Mix Sauce, and marinate tempeh overnight in the fridge:

1/4 cup Soy sauce

1/2 TBS brown sugar

1 TBS Molasses 

2 cloves Garlic, pressed

1/2 tsp Ginger

1 TBS Oil

~~~


Brown tempeh in oil on medium, 3-4 minutes per side.

Add sauce, stir to coat

Add broccoli, onion, garlic. 

I added some extra teriyaki sauce (bottled)

Cook and stir occasionally for 10 minutes

Serve over brown rice

~~~

It was pretty good, but not something I would go out of my way to make (unless eating tempeh regularly becomes important). Also, it was very filling! 100 grams is a lot for a serving - that's what a steak haché (hamburger) size is here, which is fairly small by American standards, but I guess tempeh is denser...

This was based on:

https://www.eatingbirdfood.com/teriyaki-tempeh-and-broccoli/


No comments: