16 October 2022

Language!

My head is full of different languages! (So watch your language 😉)

On Monday, I had the first (of just three) English conversation workshop, so that wasn't too challenging. But Tuesday, I started Spanish conversation! It was encouraging though, since even though we left Costa Rica over 8 years ago, I recognized words and phrases that others spoke, and a few came back to me in mid-sentence 😁. I've also started Duolingo for Spanish, and it's coming back quickly!

On Wednesday, it was back to French! My Sète group had a little walk planned; they took the bus to the top of our mountain, and I drove to meet them. Then we all walked to the forest, talking all the way (ok, some of that was in English...). 

Here are some photos from my walk






The rest of the week was full of chores, also in French (as usual, so that also was not bad at all).


No comments: