06 October 2022

Busy week!

It's been a busy week (already!)...

Monday - I finally found a company that will do regular housecleaning. I had talked to two others, but as soon as I said I wanted someone to clean weekly, Non, non, we don't do that 🙁. Well, we got that going (to be covered in a separate post, because it's actually more interesting than it seems).

Tuesday - my local association (club) celebrated 50 years! I went to the party 🎉 - there were lovely snacks, sangria, and of course conversations.  The weather was *amazing* so I walked there and back, and several of us also spent a fair amount of time out in the courtyard.

Wednesday - more arranging housecleaning, plus figuring out our Florida ballot.

Thursday - today! I finally got to the framer's! I used the last of my old 10-trip bus pass to get there. I laughed when I saw the stamps - we first used it in September of 2018! And of course, we stayed off the bus completely for 2020 and most of 2021...

Here's what the framer had as suggestions for Mom's Japanese thread painting. He will give me an estimate for each soon.

At noon, I walked through the covered market (Les Halles), and measured the air quality (I have a gadget). It looks *very* well ventilated, so it is back on our list of favorite eating places!

Somewhere along the way, I managed to find a beautiful bluefin tuna steak! It's what's for dinner 😋.

I took the bus back (which had a huge detour, but it luckily didn't skip my usual stop), then went to the grocery store (veal stew tomorrow night!).

Yes, I am a bit tired! But happy to have so much done!



No comments: