17 July 2022

Norwegian Meatballs

I took a crack at Norwegian Meatballs - they came out pretty good!


I started with this recipe - https://www.visitnorway.com/things-to-do/food-and-drink/the-norwegian-cookbook/meatballs/

But had to modify it a bit - I think I'll try it again when I'm home, and have more of the right ingredients.

I used:

  • water instead of milk or cream
  • oil instead of butter 
  • flour instead of potato starch
  • I didn't have nutmeg or bouillon, so added crushed garlic to the meatballs and onion to the gravy
  • instead of boiled potatoes and mushy peas 😒, fried potatoes and zucchini first, then pasta and broccoli for the leftovers 
  • definitely not mushy peas!

I guess I modified it a *lot!*

Anyway, it was yummy!

Here are the meatballs getting browned






No comments: