29 June 2022

Today's Marché

Today at the marché...

The tapenade (olive/anchovy spreads) seller practiced his English with me 🙂

I fumbled through some Spanish with a young Spanish woman (and immediately fell into French!). LOL - I remembered that "entender" is " to understand" in Spanish, but it came out in French (which doesn't use it that way!) 🙄.

The tielle (octopus empanada) seller started speaking German to me (this happens to me a lot in France). But I did learn that an empanada of seafood is "un cocktail" (masculine).

I got there at 11, which is still too late in Summer! There were already several stalls completely sold out and put away. 😕 The way our lives have evolved, I'm not sure I have a fix for that!

I remembered my water this time, and boy, did I need it! It was quite warm, but there was a nice breeze (and some benches on my route home 😉).

I still came away with everything on my list, just not as much as I had wanted. Gone are the days of asparagus and peas; I saw zucchini and eggplant, and bought a handful of green beans. Cherries and strawberries are still going strong, and peaches and melons are everywhere!



No comments: