30 June 2022

Stovetop Stuffed Pork

I've had good luck in the past with modifying oven recipes for the stovetop, so today I decided to try this one! This Stuffed Pork Loin Roast has eight servings; I am aiming for just two. I even have figs from the marché yesterday, and some chopped hot chiles in the freezer!



Stovetop "Stuffed" Pork

In a pan on very low heat, add:

Red wine

Broth

Dash of ground cloves

2 slices of pork

Cover and cook till tender, 1-2 hours (add more liquid if needed)

Remove pork and shred with 2 forks.


Cook in olive oil:

1 tsp chopped bacon (allumettes fumées)

1 tsp onion, finely chopped

Add, and cook till golden, ~5 minutes:

1 tsp chopped unsalted nuts

Remove from heat and stir in:

The cooked pork

1-2 chopped figs

1/4 tsp hot chile, finely sliced

1/4 cup breadcrumbs

1 tsp chopped fresh herb (I used frozen celery leaves)

pinch of dried thyme


Spread the mixture in a pan, drizzle with a glaze:

Orange marmalade

Powdered ginger

Olive oil


Cook without stirring on high heat, uncovered, until glaze bubbles and the bottom is lightly browned, 3-4 minutes.

~~~

This was great, but a little sweet. Next time, I would leave off the glaze, and add some orange peel.

~~~

UPDATE: I made this again, with these changes (it worked!)

- slow-cooked pork in red wine and broth with thyme

- added chopped green beans to the onion and allumettes 

- frozen fruit (fruits rouges) instead of figs

- chipotle instead of chili

- dried basil instead of celery

- instead of removing from heat, I added everything together, including the ginger and just 2 tsp marmelade. I cooked it till it bubbled and browned.


No comments: