'Tis the season for potlucks!
And these are amazingly good, and travel well! I had them hot, but I suspect they would be great cold as well (reminds me of the time I had cold quiche at a farmer's market in France).
Preheat the oven to 375F. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
Distribute in muffin cups:
- cooked and crumbled bacon (~3 strips)
- 1/2 onion, chopped, cooked in bacon drippings
- 4-5 mushrooms, chopped, cooked with onions
- 1-2c chopped, cooked green veggies (asparagus, green beans, broccoli)
Mix, then pour over vegetables:
- 9 eggs, well beaten
- 1/4 c milk
- suggested seasonings, to taste
--- chipotle and/or green chile
Sprinkle on top:
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Bake for about 15 minutes, or until the egg cups are well set and a tester/toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Let rest 5 minutes, then remove from pan, and eat or wrap in foil to take to the potluck.
Remove foil and microwave to reheat.
* Based on this recipe: http://www.rachaelray.com/2013/06/egg-cups-good-go-to-and-to-go-breakfast