20 January 2021

Blueberry Muffins

I have been experimenting with dairy-free recipes for a while now. A friend suggested using cashew cream, so I gave it a try! 

I wanted to make some blueberry bread (I saw frozen berries in my supermarket, and couldn't resist!), but I don't have a loaf pan. I saw that I could make muffins with just a couple of changes, but... I also don't have a muffin pan! But! I do have ramekins! And what are ramekins, but individual ceramic muffin pans of the ancient world.

These were awfully good!

Blueberry Muffins (non-dairy)
4 small ramekins

Ingredients
3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup cashew cream (plus enough extra for consistency)
2 Tbs vegetable oil
1/2 large egg
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cups frozen blueberries

Instructions
Preheat oven to 375° F (190° C). Oil 4 ramekins
Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Stir cashew cream, oil, egg, and vanilla extract into flour mixture until batter is just blended. Add extra cashew cream as needed for a thick smooth batter.
Fold frozen blueberries into the batter. Spoon batter into ramekins.
Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 20 to 30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes.
Cook any leftover batter as pancakes (I didn't have any).
Note: mix double quantities, then divide and use half
1/2 cup cashew cream
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
The other half can be mixed with an egg and scrambled, or used for french bread.
~~~
Modified for 
- non-dairy 
- 4 ramekins 
from:



No comments: