17 June 2020

Updated Carte de Séjour

My new Carte de Séjour* arrived today!

Way back in December, I went to the préfecture in Montpellier to change my address (we had recently moved, from one neighborhood in Sète to another). I got a receipt (récépissé), and waited.

Normally, I would have gone back to pick it up, but with the coronavirus, procedures are changing.

Instead, on May 20th, I first got a phone call, saying my card was ready, and asking for an email address - I am naturally suspicious of this sort of thing, but he said enough of the right things, so...
A little later, I got the email with instructions - pay 25€ of tax (online), send the receipt attached to an email response, and I would receive my new card by mail. I also added more specifics to my snail-mail address, to be absolutely sure of getting it.

Nearly a month later, and I was literally composing an email to ask what happened, when... Yep! There it is, in the mailbox! I had expected to have to sign for it, but it was just a suivie (tracked) letter.

Now what? Here are the instructions included - basically, check that the information is correct, then mail back my old CDS and récépissé.

~~~
* Carte de Séjour (CDS), is the physical card showing my Titre de Séjour (TDS), which is my residence permit. (A lot of people get confused by these terms - I wonder why...

No comments: