03 April 2021

My Little Pigeon

Come here, my little pigeon... 

I got tempted in the store the other day by a couple of squabs - these are "pigeonneaux" (young pigeons), and (it turns out) are quite tasty!


I put a pan of mushrooms (plus olive oil and salt) and a potato to roast in the oven (450°F/230°C - basically as high as my little oven will go!) for 30 minutes, then put my two sweet little pigeons on top of the mushrooms to cook for another 20 minutes. I had coated the pigeons in olive oil, salt, and Chinese 5-spice.

I checked, and the birds were just over 145°F, so I turned off the oven, and started the pan of asparagus.

Five minutes later, voila! dinner!

"It tastes like chicken" does *not* apply here! It was definitely a different, and yummy, flavor 🙂

(Can you say payback? My car can...)



No comments: