23 July 2019

Baguettes Are Important !

Yes, baguettes *are* important!

Today, as I was leaving the grocery store, a baguette went flying off the roof of a car in front of me (yep, the driver had forgotten it up top).

Well, I honked - no good, but I did get to finally hear my horn (it's a little obnoxious, frankly). The baguette was smack in the middle of the lane... A fellow who was walking, picked it up, kinda wondering what to do, and I rolled down my window and said "je vais..." (well, he understood me, even if I didn't), and he hands it to me. I didn't-quite-race out of the parking lot, honk again at the car... She's going my way, at least...

Finally, the road splits, and the light is red - I pull up alongside, roll my other window down, honk again, the least obnoxiously way possible, and hand her the baguette (thankfully, it's one of the long ones!). Some minor chit-chat followed, including merci, and désolée, and off we went.

I feel good :-)

No comments: