02 August 2014

ABQ Grower's Market

Summer Saturdays are the days for the Albuquerque Grower's Market, so we ambled down to Robinson park to check it out.

I had dreams of something similar to the Ferias of Costa Rica - you go to these for (1) produce that you can't find easily in grocery stores, (2) fresher produce, (3) cheaper produce, and (4) a fun outing, talking with vendors about their produce.

Well, it was a long-shot.  Certainly, there were some oddly interesting items available, and they definitely looked fresh, but the posted prices meant we weren't tempted to show enough interest to start a conversation about them - I am only comfortable doing that if I am open to buying.
What this market did have was an entire row of arts and crafts, lots of kid and family activities, and plenty of seating and open space

Heirlooms:

Rattlesnake beans?

Plants on a truck

Food stalls (this guy was making a dessert crêpe)

I was pretty tempted by this one:
Kindly notice that I took this picture with my cell phone - I guess I'm no good at boycotts...

No comments: