29 January 2018

Plateau Montpeyroux (Languedoc)

Plateau Montpeyroux (Languedoc! No, not that other one!)
Dancing Gnarly vine with Le Castellas behind
Today was full of sunshine, flowers, and vistas! AND excellent company :-)
Mimosas!

More Mimosas!




Even More Mimosas!
 The view of roads to come



Le Castellas






Everyone got quite excited by this...
Gin berries
 The valley below

Trust me, the (snow covered) Pyrenees really are there!
The Cévennes mountains, and Pyrenees behind

Le Castellas

Farmland and motocross playground

Got this rock wall just for Dad
Neolithic animal enclosure


Coming back down, you can just make out Le Castellas in he distance


Vines!

~~~
Hike/randonnée Details:
Parked near the Puit de Peyrou

and walked to Le Castellas. Then followed the red/white route until it branched off uphill (left) from the road. We stayed on the road back to our cars.
We left Sète shortly after 10:00, ate lunch at about 1:00, and were back home by 4:45.
According to our leader, it was 7.6 km, with 270 meters elevation change.

2 comments:

Ron said...

Hey Julie,

I envy you with the ability to do so much walking. I'm not sure I can do it but love the pictures. BTW, I found this event coming up in Sète at the end of March. I wish I was there to see this.

Take a look: https://www.escaleasete.com/

Ron

Julie said...

Hey Ron! I'm glad you liked the pictures! Believe it or not, our hike leader is *91*!
I am sooo looking forward to the Escale!
Not to worry; it happens every 2 years :-)