And we are not the only ones - see the masts of the boats in the marina? In front are surfers!
We're making headway, slowly but surely.
- We're still jet lagged, but walking along the sea certainly helps :-)
- We have a rental car for a month; we have to drive almost everywhere (except to the sea!)
- I've been cooking :-)
- We have French SIM chips on the way, so we should have phone numbers within the week. Meanwhile, we have Wi-Fi, so my USA cell phone works at home, as does Skype.
- Most official things require a French phone number, unfortunately.
- Because we're Americans, many banks don't want to deal with the added paperwork associated - so we're searching for one. But we need a phone number ;-)
- Housing depends on having a bank account; we're enlisting the help of a company here that helps people like us settle in.
- My immigration paperwork depends on long-term housing (what a cascade, eh?)
- We're becoming less stressed each day :-)