16 December 2016

My French Visa - Update!

My French Visa - Update!

I had my appointment with the French consulate for my visa last week - December 7, 14:00 (that's 2:00 pm for non-military Americans). At the time, the fine gentleman behind the window said I'd hear within 2 weeks. The website indicated they would need at least 3 weeks, so "Wow!"

Me being me, I've been checking the USPS tracking system for my passport/visa being sent back to me just about every day since then. I actually stopped myself several times on Sunday...

Well, look what popped up one morning!

That's right! ONE week later!

I spent the rest of the day in hopeful agony.

And then:

RICHMOND!?!? So close and yet so far :-(
Another day of waiting, while my visa (hopefully) zig-zags across California...

And then:

And then:

As my friend Jan just said, don't forget to enjoy the journey...

No comments: