19 May 2015

Pork Mango Rollups

I wanted to do these Pork Rollups, but switch out the fruit. Then Rick wanted a different cheese, then I had to be careful of the nut mixture, then...

Well, I decided that this was just an entirely different recipe :-)

Pork Mango Rollups

6 Pork tenderloin or shoulder boneless steaks, thin; I ask the butcher to run it through the tenderizer in both directions - this thins it pretty well, and I don't have to pound it thin at home!

Roll up with a small handful of these fillings (use *wooden* toothpicks if needed):
- dried mango, chopped
- feta cheese, crumbled

Coat the rolls in this order:
- 1 beaten egg with 1- 2 TB smoked paprika (it will seem like a lot)
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped cashews

Place in casserole pan
Spray top with cooking spray/oil/butter (optional)
Bake @400 ~30 min
- 20 min covered
- 10-15 min uncovered

Serve with:
- Lightly cooked green vegetables
- Green salad

Goes well with family ;-)

No comments: