04 May 2022

Farmer's Market

I finally made it back to the Wednesday Marché (farmer's market) here in Sète! It was a beautiful sunny morning, but still cool enough to be comfortable walking. 

I was surprised to see that the clothing section is still on Place Aristide Briand - they're supposed to tear it up soon to create underground parking (then they'll replace the park on the ground level). It was great that both pedestrian streets are now fully used by the marché - it made an easy circuit, down one then back on the other.

I didn't have a set list, since this was my first time in so long. There were an awful lot of asparagus and strawberries! I got some of each, as well as fresh peas, which I hadn't seen in the supermarkets *at all*!

I couldn't resist taking a picture of this! Imagine, Costa Rican coffee, in France!



No comments: