15 May 2019

Fish Liver?!?

Fish Liver?!? OK, you tell me...

I saw this in my poissonnerie, and I was really very tempted! First and foremost, these things are *huge!* I know they come from the Monkfish - basically up till now, that had been a really ugly head on a really tasty tail. Now? It also has a ginormous liver?

Secondly, I've discovered that *some* liver can be amazing! (Although, Texas chili beef liver still sends a shiver - sorry Mom)

Thirdly, that's a darned good price for meat in France! Just take a gander at the swordfish next to it (which, I have to admit, I ended up buying).

I hauled my friend over, and asked her if she knew about them - well, yes, they're like other livers. Oh? How would you cook them? In a pan, like a steak... Oh...

Well, maybe next time. With port or armagnac...

No comments: