11 June 2018

Shopping on a Sunday

I finally did it - I went shopping for groceries on a Sunday morning...

Most grocery stores in France are closed on Sundays, that day being a traditional "family togetherness" day. Well, our local grocery store recently got permission to open (year-round!) on Sunday mornings, and I finally had an excuse to try it out. By excuse, I mean that I actually needed some foodstuffs.

I don't think this Sunday shopping thing has caught on yet. I had a very short list, and approximately *half* of the things I needed were *not* stocked :-( The good news is that my cart going home was significantly lighter than it could have been. The bad news is that I had to go back out on Monday.

One interesting thing I noticed - scattered among the shoppers were a good half-dozen fathers with their roughly-8-year-old children, grabbing "miam-y" things off the shelves. It's a different sort of family togetherness. :-)

No comments: