- Beans are *always* pintos :-(
- Rice is not usually available - potatoes are *the* starch
- Burritos (other than the breakfast burrito) seem to be meat rolled in a flour tortilla - that's it.
- Tortillas are fluffy flour (and delish!)
- Sopapillas - filled with meat for a meal, or served plain with honey for dessert
- Corn product choices are yellow or blue
- AND chiles *make* the dish
The dish to have is Green Chile Stew - and there are a ton of recipes. Since you have to start somewhere...
This is *almost* straight off the package of "Bueno Hot Autumn Roast Chopped Green Chile"
- 1 tub frozen Green Hatch Chilies, fire roasted (13 oz)
- 1/2# cubed lean pork
- 3 potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups water
This was amazingly easy, and fabulously good!
BUT VERY HOT!!!
It helped to have handy sour cream, avocado, bread, and cheese to soak up all that heat.